How to join
JSAP main society Membership fees
Please pay admission fee for first year and basic annual due from second year.
|Membership Types||Membership Fees||Additional Fees|
for First year
|Basic Annual Dues
from Second Year
|APEX/JJAP Online Journal
|Regular Member||10,000 JPY||10,000 JPY||3,000 JPY|
|Senior Member||—||6,000 JPY|
|Young Industrial Member||—||6,000 JPY|
|Graduate Student Member||3,000 JPY||3,000 JPY|
|3,000 JPY||3,000 JPY|
|International Postdoctoral Member||—||3,000 JPY||Free of charge|
- If you would like to be an undergraduate or graduate member, you must register your academic history including expected year and month of graduation from My Page.
- International Postdoctoral Member can subscribe APEX/JJAP Online Journal for free instead of “OYO BUTURI”.
- Young Industrial Member can subscribe “OYO BUTURI” by online only.
Division Membership fees
Sub member who belongs to division(s) only should pay division membership fee(s).
Official member who belongs to both JSAP society and division(s) should pay both JSAP main society and division membership fees.
|Division||Sub member||Official member|
|The Division of Photonics *1||Only official member
can belong to the division
|2,800 JPY||Free of charge|
|Ionizing Radiation||4,000 JPY||3,000 JPY|
|Applied physics of electronic properties||3,600 JPY||2,800 JPY||1,000 JPY|
|Thin Film and Surface Physics||3,000 JPY||500 JPY||2,200 JPY||500 JPY|
|Crystals Science and Technology||3,000 JPY||1,000 JPY||3,000 JPY||1,000 JPY|
|Applied Physics Education||3,000 JPY||3,000 JPY|
|Superconductors||3,000 JPY||2,000 JPY|
|Molecular Electronics and Bioelectronics||4,000 JPY||1,000 JPY||3,000 JPY||1,000 JPY|
|Plasma Electronics||3,000 JPY||3,000 JPY||1,000 JPY|
|Silicon Technology||5,000 JPY||2,000 JPY||Free of charge|
|Advanced Power Semiconductors||4,000 JPY||2,000 JPY||1,000 JPY|
|Next Generation Lithography||Only official member
can belong to the division
|2,000 JPY||Free of charge|
- *1The former Optical Society of Japan changed the name to The Division of Photonics from January 1, 2015.
Please note that if you do NOT pay the fee, your membership application will not be valid.
Please select a payment method from the following 3 selections. The payment system is managed by SoftBank Payment Service Corp. on consignment from JSAP.
- Credit card
- VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMERICAN EXPRESS, Diners Club International are available
- Convenience store
- 7-Eleven, Lawson, Family Mart, Seicomart, Circle K Sunkus, MINISTOP, Daily Yamazaki are available
If you live in Japan, please pay membership fees for subsequent years by automatic bank withdrawal.
Please complete the following procedures for automatic bank withdrawal.Automatic bank withdrawal application form
Please download the automatic bank withdrawal application form from the above link, fill it out and submit it by postal mail to JSAP Secretariat Membership Services at the address below.
• JSAP Secretariat Membership Services:
1-21-5 Nezu, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0031, Japan
If you would like to pay membership fees online, please refer to “How to Pay Membership Fees”.
Please note that if payment is not made by the due date, your membership will be terminated on December 31.
To resign from JSAP, please log onto My Page and click the link “Cancel Membership (JSAP/Division)”.
No late request is accepted after deadline.
Re-applying in the same year or following year
(1) If you would like to re-apply in the same year or following year, your old membership will be re-activated, rather than being treated as a new member.
If you would like to re-active your membership, please log onto My Page and click the link “Reinstate Membership (JSAP/Division)”.
- After reinstatement of your membership, this year’s membership fees will be automatically applied in accordance with your last year’s registered information.
- If your membership type displayed on the top of My Page is Regular Member, despite you are a student, please update your academic history, then your membership fees will be automatically rivised to student member fees.
- (2) If your membership has been expired for more than 2 years, please apply for a new membership from “Join JSAP”. You will get a new membership number.
- (1) If you would like to re-apply in the same year or following year, your old membership will be re-activated, rather than being treated as a new member.
If you have a question about re-applying, please feel tree to contact Membership Services (obgmembership ).