JSAP Outstanding Achievement Award Stipulations
- The Stipulations for the Japan Society of Applied Physics (hereinafter referred to as “JSAP”) Outstanding Achievement Award provide the stipulations for the JSAP Outstanding Achievement Award given by the Society to its members.
- This award shall be designed to bestow the JSAP Outstanding Achievement Award on those who have made distinguished achievements in the development of applied physics and to honor their achievements.
- The “distinguished achievements” aforementioned in article 2 refer to research achievements that have made a particularly outstanding contribution to the academic field and/or industrial field through new discoveries, inventions, theories, experiments, etc., or to educational achievements that have made a particularly outstanding contribution to the fostering and enlightenment of students and young researchers and engineers, or fostering and diffusing new academic field, in applied physics relevant research fields.
- The number of Outstanding Achievement Awards to be given shall be, in principle, no more than two each year, of which the number of educational achievement awards shall be no more than one.
- In principle, achievement awardees shall be members who, as individuals, have the aforementioned achievements.
- The awards shall be presented annually at the JSAP Spring Meeting.
- The awardees shall receive a certificate and a plaque.
- The Outstanding Achievement Award shall be given under the name of the incumbent president of JSAP at the time of awarding.
- Achievements to be awarded shall be chosen from among applicants to an open solicitation, either by self-nomination or nomination of others.
- The Outstanding Achievement Award Committee of JSAP shall select, in principle, no more than two achievements and individuals to be given the Outstanding Achievement Award annually, and recommend them to the Board along with the rationale for the recommendation.
- The Board shall discuss the results of the recommendation by the Outstanding Achievement Award Committee and select no more than two achievements to receive the award.
- After the decision on the awardees, the Board shall immediately notify them of it and officially announce it in OYO BUTURI and on the website
- These stipulations may be amended with the approval of the Board.
These stipulations have been in effect since 1 April 2000.
- Amended on January 17, 2003
- Amended on May 7, 2003
- Amended on May 18, 2006
- Amended on May 20, 2010
- Amended on July 8, 2011
- Amended on November 12, 2019